So very few of us have jobs that we love. Even fewer have jobs we love every single day.
This verse reminds us of several important things:
1. You don't have to love your job to do a good job.
2. Our attitude while doing a job is really what matters.
3. God is the god of everything, including all the stuff that goes on day-to-day, which means God is the god of all the work we do! He's the big boss. The head honcho. The big cheese...
4. Everything has a reason when God is involved. Sure, that reason may seem trivial, but that isn't important; trivial things need to get accomplished, too!
5. We're all in this together.